The basic plan, such as it is, is to share my sewing adventures - antique quilt and vintage clothing repair, fiber art, and costuming - with additional bits and pieces about other aspects of my Life.
Current projects in progress:
– fiber art: Creating a landscape quilt for a zoologist, portraying the bog where she does her research, and the critters who live there.
– costuming: Altering and embellishing costumes for a student production of four one-act plays, to be produced June 9 and 10. http://www.thinicetheater.com
– vintage clothing: I have a handful of interesting items right now, at least one needing some extra special TLC. My most intense repair job to date was recently posted at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BasyaBerkman
– homeschooling: My daughter, launched, just completed her sophomore year of college. My son, at home finishing his junior year of high school.
– life after homeschooling: Exploring ways to solidify and expand my various sewing interests.
As time goes by, I will post photos and tell stories and tall tales about these projects as they progress.
Here is an amazing thing. My aloe plant is blooming! For the first time ever in umpteen years of having houseplants! I had no idea they could bloom indoors.