November 25, 2011

more Little Women: Beth

A Plaid Dress for Beth

For this dress, like Amy's, I also needed to make undersleeves.  Also, the skirt was too short, so I lengthened it by adding a wide strip that matched the new sleeves.

I made straighter sleeves than I added to Amy's dress, and with cuffs instead of elastic at the wrist.  The fabric was scrap fabric from I don't remember where.  It included some sleeve-like tubes.  I cut a top edge in a proper sleeve curve, and made cuffs for the bottom edges.

The waist needed both more definition and some cinching in, so I added a sash.  And here's sweet Beth:

No comments:

Post a Comment