May 31, 2016

New Quilts

I'm so excited!  Over the last couple of months, I've finished 6 new quilts for my Something From Nothing series.  And I have 4 more in varying stages of design and stitching.  I am bound and determined to get this series to a place that feels like completion.

The series is made mostly with decorator fabric samples, plus other bits and pieces of otherwise unwanted fabrics.  You can see the whole series on my website and the stories of making some of the quilts here on the blog.

Here are the newbies:

4 By 4
14 1/2" x 14 1/2"

 Leaded Glass
24"x34"
 


North South East West
33 1/2" x 33 1/2"
(In which I learned that it not wise to try to machine appliqué on velvet.....)


Quadrants
28"x28"
 

 Squares, Mostly
20 1/2" x 20 1/2"

Textures
21"x19" 
(Made from silk fabric sample squares.)

Next up:  using floral prints to make a flowerbed of kanzashi flowers, Oriental-style and bamboo prints as a three-panel screen, neutral and olive botanic prints to evoke a garden at dusk, something or other with an interesting collection of antique gold and navy prints, and so on, and on, and on......

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis