I'm sure many of you know how easily this happens....
I was sitting down to repair this lovely Victorian silk and velvet log cabin quilt.
And lo and behold, I discovered that I somehow had let my supply of black thread run completely dry. And then somehow, my thread order ended up with just "a few" more spools than just the black. The pages and pages of yummy colors were just more than I could resist!
This, by the way, is 100% cotton size 60 thread. It's what I use for repairing quilts, especially ones like this log cabin with very fragile fabric. Regular sewing thread is larger, size 50.
Close-up photos of the fabrics in the quilt and of the conservation work I did on the fragile old silks are in the previous post.