Well, for the last couple of weeks I've been pretty much sedentary due to a broken bone in my foot. I have found the silver lining! I resorted all my buttons!
Up until now, I've just had them divided according to whether I had just one or several of them. That's been helpful when looking for replacement buttons for vintage clothes. It worked well enough until I started going haywire at estate sales and coming home with button jars and boxes one after another.
So I sat around yesterday and sorted them by color as well. The piles filled up my whole work table! I really think I have enough buttons....
It did cheer me up quite a bit. Lots of buttons are almost as satisfying as lots of fabric! Hee hee.