March 22, 2018

Upcoming Quilt History Events!


Hey, hey!  I'll be taking off twice in the next few months for two really great quilt history gatherings!

#1
Chintz & Signature Quilts of the Early 19th Century
hosted by the MOKA Quilt Study Group

June 7-9, 2018
Overland Park, KS

Presenters: historians Sandra Starley, Lori Lee Triplett, Anita B. Loscalzo, and li'l ole me.  I'll be presenting my new lecture, "Quilt Repair Tales".  I'll be describing the techniques and philosophies of the quilt repair biz via photos of the fun finds and amazing quilts that have passed through my hands over the years.  I'm so honored to be included with these stellar speakers!

Plus: A behind-the-scenes tour of collections storage at the Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center Museum

Full info is at the MOKA facebook page.  You can find the full event flyer and registration form on the "files" tab.  Or if you're not a facebook-er, email me, and I can send you the PDFs. 

#2
Melrose History Quilt
Homecoming Celebrations
December 1, 7, 8, 2018
Melrose, MA

This is a full program of exhibits and events inspired by the late 19th century quilt I've been researching over the last few years.  Full info and an overview of the quilt's magical story are on the lovely new website!  You can sign up there and receive updates as the program solidifies.


Thanks to Martha Spark for including me in the programming and for suggesting such a great lecture topic, and to Alanna Nelson for getting excited and creating the Melrose celebration with so many varied and sweet activities.  I'm so looking forward to these super events!


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis