September 13, 2017

A Glimpse of the Past

Today I've been mending vintage clothes for Basya Berkman Vintage Fashion.


One of my "patients" is a 1960s-70s dress that needed a new hem.  I found a nice coral hem tape in amongst my stash of vintage sewing supplies.

The reason I'm telling you this, really, is because of the label on the package.

The price sounds, of course, very quaint in today's economy.  15 cents!


But really (and here is where I end the mounting suspense!), it's this lovely little paragraph:


I remember saving box tops and wrappers and sending them off for fun little gifts when I was in grade school.  It was so fun!  But mostly, I'm thinking how lovely (and clever) to have a company training its future customers! 

(I inherited a large collection of ribbons and seam tapes and blanket bindings from my friend Debbie's grandma.  I made small memory quilts from some of them for Debbie and her Mom.  You can read more and see the quilts here.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis