August 15, 2012

Red-Letter Day

Many crafters collect supplies like there was no tomorrow.  And then discover that they still never have the right things for the next project and head out to the store.  Right?  

Well, this little hat proved that old adage wrong.  This is a repair job I'm doing for Basya Berkman Vintage Fashions.

The hat is made with chenille yarns and faceted black beads.  Some of the beads were missing.

Lo and behold, in my bead boxes:  A handful of exactly the same beads!  Yea!!!  

I can easily count on one hand the number of times this has happened.  I think I've matched an exact fabric in quilt repairs twice in the 30 years I've been repairing quilts.  Woo hoo. It's a red-letter day today.

1 comment:

  1. Love it when this sort of thing happens! Will be shooting it on a model tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis