August 2, 2012

Tablecloth Update

So, I've been plugging away at The Tablecloth.  I've only been able to sew where there is solid green and solid purple, while waiting for the variegated threads to come in.

Here's how it started out:

I've finished one long edge.  Teeny, tiny buttonhole stitches.

And I've been stitching leaf veins in the center medallion.  I discovered some curlicues in amongst the leaves and flowers, and since I didn't know what color they were meant to be, and since I had the purple on hand, decided to do them in purple.  They'll make a nice contrast with the yellow roses and green leaves.



And.......  I got a phone call this morning, telling me that the variegated threads I ordered had finally arrived.  I picked them up right away!  Yea!

Guess what I'll be doing while watching the rest of the Olympics!










No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis